January 23rd, 2012
1. Forty-three years of marriage for my parents.
2. Babysitting the two kids from next door one night last week. Ben wasn’t home from work yet. The four kids are sitting around the table eating dinner, and I’m in the kitchen making cookies as a special treat. Thomas cheefully looks around and says, “Huh. So, this is what it would be like to have 4 kids and just a mom.” I’m still laughing about that. Hardly Thomas, hardly.
3. Rain. Cold, hard, melodic and much needed rain.
4. Caroline’s pure excitement about celebrating 100 days of school today. We counted out 100 chocolate chips last night for her to share with her classmates.
5. A second tooth lost for Thomas. He kept asking me if I could pull it out yet… He does not enjoy having a loose tooth in his mouth.
6. Caroline helping me in the kitchen. We made wontons last night, and she kept reminding me how she was such a good helper. “And not just a good helper ONE time. But lot’s of times, right Mommy?” Yes, sweet girl. You are a good helper on so very many jobs.